Mimi

Default Count If Formula

I know this should be simple, but I've obviously lost my mind. I'm trying to
do a count if forumula that indicates which families receive 7 meals a month
and which families receive 5 meals a month. It takes the use of two colums.

Number of meals December November September
5 x x
x, s
7 x, t x
x, s
5 x x, s

An x indicates that the household received a meal that month. So when I
setup the total number of households receiving meals, the countif forumla
looks like this =COUNTIF(H1:H205, "*X*") Now I need a count of households
receiving 7 meals a week by month and a count of households receiving 5 meals
a week by month. I know it should be "count if there is an x in the month
column and a 5 (or 7) in the number of meals column", but all I get is the
value error. Any ideas.