Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy

Default Convert CSV File Into Formatted Excel Document

Hi,

I am wondering how i can convert CSV file into formatted excel
document/template. For example, i have a csv file and a formatted excel
template (column A is bold, column B is italic and etc.) file, my question is
that is there a way to open/load the csv file into the formatted excel file
maintaining the excel format? thanks.

Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

If you open the .csv file it will appear in its own window. You could
then open your template. In the .csv file window, highlight all the
cells (CTRL-A) and click <copy then click over to your template
window, ensure that your cursor is in cell A1 and Edit | Paste Special
| Values (check), OK and <Esc - by using paste special, the formats in
your template will remain. Don't forget to use File | Save As to save
the template with a different name.

An alternative is to <copy all the cells in the template, click over
to the .csv file window, select A1 then Edit | Paste Special | Formats
(check) then OK and <Esc - this approach will paste the formats over
the data you have just imported (you could use the format painter, as
well).

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy

thanks, Pete. It really helps.

Andy

"Pete_UK" wrote:

If you open the .csv file it will appear in its own window. You could
then open your template. In the .csv file window, highlight all the
cells (CTRL-A) and click <copy then click over to your template
window, ensure that your cursor is in cell A1 and Edit | Paste Special
| Values (check), OK and <Esc - by using paste special, the formats in
your template will remain. Don't forget to use File | Save As to save
the template with a different name.

An alternative is to <copy all the cells in the template, click over
to the .csv file window, select A1 then Edit | Paste Special | Formats
(check) then OK and <Esc - this approach will paste the formats over
the data you have just imported (you could use the format painter, as
well).

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc