Dale Fox

Default How to create thin cell border

I'm sure this should be easy but...
I'm trying to add a normal weight (thin) border to the right edge of cells
in column E. After adding via Border tabpage on Format\Cells, File\Print
Preview shows they are being treated as thick/heavy lines.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Step-by-step would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dale

Jim Rech

I don't see anything wrong. They look like "normal weight (thin)" borders
to me.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Dale Fox" wrote in message
| I'm sure this should be easy but...
| I'm trying to add a normal weight (thin) border to the right edge of cells
| in column E. After adding via Border tabpage on Format\Cells, File\Print
| Preview shows they are being treated as thick/heavy lines.
|
| Is there a setting I'm missing?
|
| Step-by-step would be appreciated.
|
| Thanks!
|

| Dale

Guillermo

sure does look normal.
Do you see them any different than the borders surrounding columns B, C and
D?
They look the same as E when I open your spreadsheet

"Dale Fox" wrote in message
| I'm sure this should be easy but...
| I'm trying to add a normal weight (thin) border to the right edge of

cells
| in column E. After adding via Border tabpage on Format\Cells,

File\Print
| Preview shows they are being treated as thick/heavy lines.
|
| Is there a setting I'm missing?
|
| Step-by-step would be appreciated.
|
| Thanks!
|

| Dale

Dale Fox

Hey Guys, thanks for trying.

The mentioned borders definetly look fat on my screen, but when they are
printed they look the same. So it looks like a graphics engine problem, not
a settings issue.

I'm surprised that the borders look correct for you though; I'd expect the
graphics engine to render the image consistenty; it always look the same way
on my computer. Maybe you're using a different version of Excel? My
version is Excel 2002/XP (10.6501.6714) SP3.

Have a good day.

Dale

"Dale Fox" wrote in message
| I'm sure this should be easy but...
| I'm trying to add a normal weight (thin) border to the right edge of

cells
| in column E. After adding via Border tabpage on Format\Cells,

File\Print
| Preview shows they are being treated as thick/heavy lines.
|
| Is there a setting I'm missing?
|
| Step-by-step would be appreciated.
|
| Thanks!
|

| Dale

Bill Sharpe

"Dale Fox" wrote in message
| I'm sure this should be easy but...
| I'm trying to add a normal weight (thin) border to the right edge
of

cells
| in column E. After adding via Border tabpage on Format\Cells,

File\Print
| Preview shows they are being treated as thick/heavy lines.
|
| Is there a setting I'm missing?
|
| Step-by-step would be appreciated.
|
| Thanks!
|

| Dale

Try zooming in on the Print Preview. Put in a fat border for comparison.
I think you'll notice that the thinner borders now actually look
thinner.

Bill