Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

Default Excel 2003 bank ledger spreadsheet background fill shading

I created a very basic bank ledger spreadsheet with shading in alternate
cells. Whenever I make entries though the cell shading changes. How can I
save the ledger shading so that it doesn't change whenever I make entries?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use Conditional Formatting to create bands of colored rows.
See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/banding.htm for details.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 09:59:01 -0800, Dan
wrote:

I created a very basic bank ledger spreadsheet with shading in alternate
cells. Whenever I make entries though the cell shading changes. How can I
save the ledger shading so that it doesn't change whenever I make entries?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

The way the shading was done was through the fill color option. Then I just
copied and pasted for the sheet.