Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can't open .xlsx file in excel 2007

I am trying to read xlsx file but it show me error like "The file you are
trying to open .xlsx is in a different format than specified by the file
extension. verify the file is not corrupted and that the file extension
matches the format of the file.

Please advise how can i open this file. I am sure that this file is not
corrupted as i used it frequently and i ensure it is save and exited properly.

Thanks,
amylim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Amy,

See your other post.
Are you sure you are using Excel 2007 to try and open that file or have you
opened a different version of Excel? Do you only have the one version
installed?

Rob

"Amy Lim" wrote in message
I am trying to read xlsx file but it show me error like "The file you are
trying to open .xlsx is in a different format than specified by the file
extension. verify the file is not corrupted and that the file extension
matches the format of the file.

Please advise how can i open this file. I am sure that this file is not
corrupted as i used it frequently and i ensure it is save and exited
properly.

Thanks,
amylim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi RobN,

There is only 1 version of excel 2007 that is on my laptop and i was really
surprised that i can't opened the file even in excel 2007.

"Amy Lim" wrote in message
I am trying to read xlsx file but it show me error like "The file you are
trying to open .xlsx is in a different format than specified by the file
extension. verify the file is not corrupted and that the file extension
matches the format of the file.

Please advise how can i open this file. I am sure that this file is not
corrupted as i used it frequently and i ensure it is save and exited
properly.

Thanks,
amylim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2003 that sort of error message is what you get if you open an
Excel document in something like Word, and then save it from Word with an
Excel file extension. I would suggest that you open the file (or preferable
a copy of the file) in Notepad and see what the format looks like compared
with an xlsx file which does work.
--
David Biddulph