Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PH NEWS

Default VLookup across Workbooks?

Hi All

I have a slight problem. I have two excel workbooks, the first is a log of
Pay Claims the second is my lookup table (Employee Records) which contains
employee details. In the Pay Claims workbook I enter a employee number and
have a vlookup working off this number to lookup the employees name from the
Employee Records workbook . Also in the Pay Claims book is a hyperlink to
the Employee Records. When I enter an employee number and get a N/A result I
know that person is not in the Employee Records book so I use the hyperlink
to go to the Employee Records book and enter that person on it. This is
where my problems begins. Once I have put the new person on, save and exit
the Employee Records book my VLookup hasn't updated and wont until I save
and exit the Pay Claims book. So is there a way round this? Can I get my
VLookup to "refresh" so it will pick up the data I have just enter in the
Employee Records book?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SPL