Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Helen

Default Decimal point will not hold 2 places in Excel 2003

I formatted the cells as Number and/or Currency, repaired, and reinstalled.
If I enter an amount like five dollars, I have to enter the entire "5.00" or
it will show as ".05". If I enter just " 5" it shows as .05 (five cents).
In Excel 2000, I only had to enter "5" and the decimal and two zeros appeared
after the 5.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Franz Verga

Nel post
*Helen* ha scritto:

I formatted the cells as Number and/or Currency, repaired, and
reinstalled. If I enter an amount like five dollars, I have to enter
the entire "5.00" or it will show as ".05". If I enter just " 5" it
shows as .05 (five cents). In Excel 2000, I only had to enter "5" and
the decimal and two zeros appeared after the 5.

Hi Helen,

Menu Tools, Option tab Edit, clear the check box near Fixed decimals.

--
Hope I helped you.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy