Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I subtract dates to get a number in years or years & month

Say I wanted to subtract 1/01/2005 from 6/30/2006 where I would get 1.5
years. Anybody know?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about

=(A2-A1)/365

And format to numeric.

"jude" wrote:

Say I wanted to subtract 1/01/2005 from 6/30/2006 where I would get 1.5
years. Anybody know?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chip Pearson has some very nice notes at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--

Dave Peterson