Junior Member

Location: England
Default Formatting

Hey, I’m using Excel 2010, and have made a spread sheet to automatically fill out forms, but I have one problem, I have a cell which requires the document reference, but the reference can be anything so for example:

Dec 11
01/12/2011
01 Dec 11
101
SR0589461
No 78

The trouble now is as usual Excel is trying to second guess me once I input a date it always automatically formats to that date. Is there a way to turn the formatting off in this particular cell or work book, also I could use a formula, I tried something like this: =IF(H1135000,IF(DAY(H11)=1,TEXT(H11,"mmm-yy"),TEXT(H11,"dd-Mm-yyyy")),TEXT(H11,0)) but I could not account for all the variables.

If someone can help that would be great.

Thanks

Boomey