Gaurav

Default Default view of Excel to 75%

Hi
I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or a
new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default.
Bernard Liengme

Do not think this is possible
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Gaurav" wrote in message
Hi
I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or
new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Gaurav

Open a new workbook
On all sheets set zoom to 75%
Save the file as "Book" (no quotes) in your startup folder as a template.

Every workbook you create will have this settings now

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Gaurav" wrote in message ...
Hi
I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or a
new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default.

Michael

Open a new workbook, set the zoom to 75% and save it as a template (.xlt).
Use the template for all new workbooks - you access it by clicking on
file-new. HTH

"Gaurav" wrote:

Hi
I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or a
new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default.

Dave Peterson

If you want that zoom for just new workbooks, you can ignore this. But if you
want that zoom whenever you open any workbook....

Create a new workbook.
Add this code to the ThisWorkbook module (hi, Bob!):

Option Explicit
Public WithEvents xlApp As Application
Set xlApp = Nothing
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set xlApp = Excel.Application
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Call DoTheWork(Wb)
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Call DoTheWork(Sh.Parent)
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Call DoTheWork(Wb)
End Sub
Private Sub DoTheWork(Wb As Workbook)
Dim myWindow As Window
For Each myWindow In Wb.Windows
myWindow.Zoom = 75
Next myWindow
End Sub

Save this file as an addin in your XLStart folder.

Each time you create a new workbook, open an existing workbook, change to a new
sheet, it'll set the zoom to 75%.

You can read a lot more about application events at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

Gaurav wrote:

Hi
I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or a
new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,
I got a compile error at the line

Public WithEvents xlApp As Application

in Excel 2003 when I opened the application. Thanks.
--
Thank you,
Peter

Gaurav wrote:

Hi
I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or a
new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try saving as a Template named BOOK.xlt in your XLSTART folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 11:36:01 -0700, Peter
wrote:

Yes, I did exactly that in the Visual Basic window, and then saving the file
as Book1.xla in the XLStart folder.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would have used a nicer (less generic) name, but book1.xla is ok if you want.

My next guess is that there are other characters on that line.

You may have found the code using some web interface (google?) and copying from
that web page may have introduced some extra characters.

Select that line and delete it.

Then retype it.