littlebit

Default Employee Tracking Schedule

I have a monthly table listing all employees names (rows) and days of month
(columns). I would like to be able to enter an alpha character, like "v" for
vacation in the date column and have the number hours assigned to that letter
deduct from the total number entered into the total for that person. I think
I need a Lookup table and assignment to a range to make this happen, but
would like some suggestions on exactly what the programming should be.
Thanks!
Jay

I have a monthly table listing all employees names (rows) and days of
month (columns). I would like to be able to enter an alpha character,
like "v" for vacation in the date column and have the number hours
assigned to that letter deduct from the total number entered into the
total for that person. I think I need a Lookup table and assignment
to a range to make this happen, but would like some suggestions on
exactly what the programming should be. Thanks!

One way is suggested by the simplified example in the CSV file below.

,"=DATE(2005,10,1)",=B1+1,=C1+1,=D1+1,Vac allowed,Vac left,
John,v,,,,112,"=F2-8*COUNTIF($B2:E2,""v"")",
Paul,,v,v,v,112,"=F3-8*COUNTIF($B3:E3,""v"")",
George,,v,,v,168,"=F4-8*COUNTIF($B4:E4,""v"")",
Ringo,,,,,168,"=F5-8*COUNTIF($B5:E5,""v"")",