Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default hELP WITH FUNCTION

I need help, please. I have written a formula, which returns a number in cell
L12. When my formula returns a number, I need to reference a chart. There are
35 cells in column a, 35 in column B and 35 in column C of my chart on Sheet
2. If the value in L12 is greater than or equal to the value of column a AND
less than or equal to the value of Coulmn B same row, then I need to copy the
value of Column C (same row) into cell L13. Please advise! Is this possible?!

Best, kris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What type of data do you have in column C? Is it text or numeric?

If it's text, try this:

Entered as an array using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just
ENTER):

=INDEX(Sheet2!C1:C35,MATCH(1,(L12=Sheet2!A1:A35)* (L12<=Sheet2!B1:B35),0))

If the data in column C is numeric and there will be only one instance that
meets the criteria you can use this (normally entered):

=SUMPRODUCT(--(L12=Sheet2!A1:A35),--(L12<=Sheet2!B1:B35),Sheet2!C1:C35)

Biff