AlexMilos

Default How do I stop Macros from opening with every excel spreadsheet?

I created a macros for an excel spreadsheet but it opens up with every single
spreadsheet file that I have on my computer. How do I customize it to run
with only one specific file. Thanks.
Gord Dibben

Alex

If you created it using the Macro Recorder it probably got saved into your
Personal Macro Workbook(Personal.xls) which opens with Excel.

If this is the case, open your specific workbook.

Open the Visual Basic Editor by hitting ALT + F11 then CTRL + r to open
Project Explorer.

Select and expand the Personal.xls and double-click on Module1 to open it.

Copy the code and paste it into a Module of the specific file.

To create a module in your workbook, select it in VBE and InsertModule.

Save the workbook when complete.

To stop Personal.xls from opening, take it out of your XLSTART folder.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP