Rav99

Default Pivot Chart - default chart type

I created a Pivot chart from Pivot table, however, as the user changes the
options (from pivot fields), then the chart type changes back to default one
(I want the line-column 2 axes one). I figured I could go to VBA properties
to default the chart type by choosing the chart code, however under that
list, there is no chart code for that combination chart (line chart + column
chart with 2 axes). How can I do this?

Can someone help... as I am not good at VBA? Thanks!
Debra Dalgleish

If you turn on the macro recorder as you apply the custom chart type,
you'll get code similar to the following:

ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, _
TypeName:="Line - Column on 2 Axes"

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Rav99

OK... I tried.. but it doesn't work... What I did ... I open VBE and click on
the Chart, on my right, I have Chart_Activate(), so I put the script you
provided underneath it and saved... but it doesn't work.

Did I do something wrong?

"Rav99" wrote:

I created a Pivot chart from Pivot table, however, as the user changes the
options (from pivot fields), then the chart type changes back to default one
(I want the line-column 2 axes one). I figured I could go to VBA properties
to default the chart type by choosing the chart code, however under that
list, there is no chart code for that combination chart (line chart + column
chart with 2 axes). How can I do this?

Can someone help... as I am not good at VBA? Thanks!

Rav99

yeh! Wow wow... it works...But now I have another problem of fixing the value
of my 2nd Y axis from 0 to 100%, but everytime I change the choice, it
changes accordingly based on the logarithmic method. Please ... after this...
I am really done with my project. Any thought?

Woowww woooow ... You really make my day!