nmb nmb is offline
Junior Member

Default Conditional Formatting- highight entire row

Good morning. I have a spreadsheet with conditional formatting in it. It is almost performing as I want. However, I can not figure out how to make a rule apply to all the rows in a worksheet and not just a single row. I want the rows to highlight when a cell is not blank so I entered =$J$4<"" This works for cell J4 but does not carry down the remainder of the column.

Also, I have other rules to conditionally format previous cells based on date. They are also working but I want to take it a step further and make the rules applying to columns D&E stop when the rules in columns G become applicable.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:14:47 +0000 schrieb nmb:

Good morning. I have a spreadsheet with conditional formatting in it. It
is almost performing as I want. However, I can not figure out how to
make a rule apply to all the rows in a worksheet and not just a single
row. I want the rows to highlight when a cell is not blank so I entered
=$J$4<"" This works for cell J4 but does not carry down the remainder
of the column.

change the formula to
=$J4<""

Also, I have other rules to conditionally format previous cells based on
date. They are also working but I want to take it a step further and
make the rules applying to columns D&E stop when the rules in columns G
become applicable.

you can change the priority of the rules: CF = Manage rules = select
the expected rule = Move Up.
The rules will be applied in order of appearance.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10