Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't enter characters, is some sort of auto-correct on?

I try to enter a stock symbol, "ACN" into a cell.

It enters CAN.

My entry is all caps and no quotes.

If i use a single quote, and enter 'ACN

Excel still enters CAN.

I have "ignore words in upper case" checked in proofing options.

How can this reprehensible behavior be turned off?????

Thanks,
tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have "ignore words in upper case" checked in proofing options.

You must be using Excl 2007.

Office buttonExcel OptionsProofingclick the AutoCorrect options button
In the Replace box type: acn
That should select the autocorrect entry and it will be highlighted
Click the Delete button
OK

This will delete that correction from *all* of the Office applications. They
all share the same autocorrect library.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP