Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Align Worksheet & Freeze Panes

I have a subset of worksheet in a workbook that I would like to

Aligned so that the first column on left is D
Align so that the first row at top is 8
goto cell D14 and Freeze panes

I tried recording a macro but didn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Write the following code for your macro:

Sub freezealign()
With ActiveWindow
.ScrollColumn = 3
.ScrollRow = 8
.ActiveSheet.Range("D14").Select
.FreezePanes = True
End With
End Sub

It doesn't do exactly what you want, it aligns to column C instead of column
D. If I aligned to column 4 and then chose freezepanes at column 4 it
doesn't freeze. I have no answer to that part.