Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mo mo is offline

Default euro symbol

have just installed excel 2007 and am getting annoyed with the
currency options. can i create a button or shortcut to put on the
ribbons or on the top of the page with the euro symbol.

its the only currency i use but the uk pound symbol comes up every
time. even on the templates the usd is standard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I find that Excel 2007 uses the appropriate currency symbol for the country
selected under Windows Regional Settings. But I also find that I can
override that in Regional Settings on the Currency tab by setting the Euro
there (which Excel will then observe when started afterwards).

--
Jim
ups.com...