Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding a Trendline Problem

Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and W 10 on a PC.

Have a very simple graph.
Just Blood p reading vs. date.
Shows up fine.

But no matter what I try or do, I can't get it
to generate a Trendline.

Have selected the curve, and then tried from both the right-click, and
also the pull-down tab for.

Nothing seems to work.

Probably something "major" I am not doing, or something the program just
doesn't "like".

Any thoughts on what I might be missing ?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

Am Wed, 8 Feb 2017 09:10:13 -0500 schrieb Bob:

Using Excel 2007 and W 10 on a PC.

Have a very simple graph.
Just Blood p reading vs. date.
Shows up fine.

But no matter what I try or do, I can't get it
to generate a Trendline.

Have selected the curve, and then tried from both the right-click, and
also the pull-down tab for.

Nothing seems to work.

Probably something "major" I am not doing, or something the program just
doesn't "like".

you have to choose the kind of trendline.
Try:
Right click to the dataserie = Add Trendline and choose "polynominal"
or "Moving Average".
Or select a dataserie =Chart Tools = Design = Add Chart Element =
Trendline and choose one of the trendlines.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 9:10:16 AM UTC-5, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and W 10 on a PC.

Have a very simple graph.
Just Blood p reading vs. date.
Shows up fine.

But no matter what I try or do, I can't get it
to generate a Trendline.

Have selected the curve, and then tried from both the right-click, and
also the pull-down tab for.

Nothing seems to work.

Probably something "major" I am not doing, or something the program just
doesn't "like".

Any thoughts on what I might be missing ?

Thanks,
Bob

Trendlines only work with scatter graphs, not line graphs
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Wed, 8 Feb 2017 10:27:29 -0800 (PST) schrieb BottleMan:

Trendlines only work with scatter graphs, not line graphs

that's wrong. You can add trendlines to all chart types.
But with scatter graphs the trendline formula is the exactest one.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10