LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default Change the Values in a Column to 'Minus' If Q

I have 8 columns. My values are in Column 7. These are all 'Positive' values, but the detail in Column D indicates if these values are actually negative or positive (that seems odd, but thats my data layout)

I want to replace values with a minus, if the text "Invoice" or "Debit Note" is in Column D on the same row

E.g. Currently Column G shows 8,536.50, but Column D for this Row has "Invoice" detailed, thus I wish to change the value in Column G to -8,536.50

My data I extract from a system, so the length of it may vary depending on when I extract it
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default Change the Values in a Column to 'Minus' If Q

Hi Sean,

Am Thu, 26 Jan 2017 02:49:16 -0800 (PST) schrieb Sean:

I have 8 columns. My values are in Column 7. These are all 'Positive' values, but the detail in Column D indicates if these values are actually negative or positive (that seems odd, but thats my data layout)

I want to replace values with a minus, if the text "Invoice" or "Debit Note" is in Column D on the same row

E.g. Currently Column G shows 8,536.50, but Column D for this Row has "Invoice" detailed, thus I wish to change the value in Column G to -8,536.50

My data I extract from a system, so the length of it may vary depending on when I extract it

try:

Sub Test()
Dim LRow As Long, i As Long

With ActiveSheet
LRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 2 To LRow
Select Case .Cells(i, "D").Value
Case "Invoice", "Debit Note"
.Cells(i, "G") = -1 * .Cells(i, "G")
End Select
Next
End With