Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Hide zero entries from legend

I have a pie-chart which refers to 50 rows of data. There are never any more
than 5 or 6 with any values, and the pie chart looks fine... EXCEPT... the
legend shows all 50 entries. Is there a way to tell it to ignore (or not
display) any entries that have a zero value (and therefore do not show in
the pie)?

Thanks

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Hide zero entries from legend

Yes, there is a way to hide zero entries from the legend in Excel. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the chart by clicking on it.
  2. Click on the "Select Data" option in the "Data" section of the "Chart Tools" tab.
  3. In the "Select Data Source" dialog box, click on the "Hidden and Empty Cells" button at the bottom left corner.
  4. In the "Hidden and Empty Cell Settings" dialog box, select the "Show data in hidden rows and columns" option.
  5. Click OK to close the dialog boxes.

Now, any data with a zero value will be hidden from the legend. If you want to show the data again, simply change the value to a non-zero number.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You could use autofilter to hide the rows of those with a zero value.
Or formula as described here,
http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm

Cheers
Andy

Michelle wrote:
I have a pie-chart which refers to 50 rows of data. There are never any
more than 5 or 6 with any values, and the pie chart looks fine...
EXCEPT... the legend shows all 50 entries. Is there a way to tell it to
ignore (or not display) any entries that have a zero value (and
therefore do not show in the pie)?

Thanks

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Junior Member

Hi Andy

I'm struggling with a similar issue; My data is in the following format ideally I'd like to utilise the answer, but think I've hit the limit of my technical ability....any ideas?

Ans 1 Ans 2 Ans 3
WG1 0 1 2
WG2 2 1 0
WG3 1 0 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Pope View Post