Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Enrique

Default How do I multiply an hourly cost by hours expressed in minutes?

I got a very long worksheet with tasks times in minutes (00:12 for 12 minutes
or 01:36 for 1 hour and 36 minutes), and hourly charge rates. I need to work
out the cost in £ of those fractions of hours (and sometimes longer than one
hour as you can see).

I can't get the answer I look for. For example: a time cell has 00:12, and
the hourly rate is 155, I should get to the 31 cost forthe 12 minutes, but
can't.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=B1*(A1*24)

where B1 is the charge, A1 is the time, format it as General.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Enrique" wrote in message
I got a very long worksheet with tasks times in minutes (00:12 for 12

minutes
or 01:36 for 1 hour and 36 minutes), and hourly charge rates. I need to

work
out the cost in £ of those fractions of hours (and sometimes longer than

one
hour as you can see).

I can't get the answer I look for. For example: a time cell has 00:12, and
the hourly rate is 155, I should get to the 31 cost forthe 12 minutes, but
can't.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Or just =B1*A1*24 since multiplication is commutative and the order is not
relevant

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Enrique" wrote in message
I got a very long worksheet with tasks times in minutes (00:12 for 12

minutes
or 01:36 for 1 hour and 36 minutes), and hourly charge rates. I need to

work
out the cost in £ of those fractions of hours (and sometimes longer than

one
hour as you can see).

I can't get the answer I look for. For example: a time cell has 00:12,
and
the hourly rate is 155, I should get to the 31 cost forthe 12 minutes,
but
can't.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

No, but I added the brackets so the OP could better understand the logic
behind it

--
HTH

Bob Phillips