text in cell in exces

Default Text in cell not showing in full

I had to type in a very long description with paragraphs (by pressing alt
return) in one cell in excel. I formatted the cell to "wrap text" and to
align to the top of the cell. I have now lost the last part of the text and
this will only appear if I extend the column width. what am I doing wrong and
how can I rectify it?
Frank Kabel

Hi
how many characters do you have in this cell. If you have more than 1000
this could happen

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

text in cell in exces wrote:
I had to type in a very long description with paragraphs (by pressing
alt return) in one cell in excel. I formatted the cell to "wrap text"
and to align to the top of the cell. I have now lost the last part of
the text and this will only appear if I extend the column width. what
am I doing wrong and how can I rectify it?

Hal LEGERE-Steam Guy

I recreated your problem and solved it by adjusting the alignment
horizontally and vertically in the cell. I think it was solved when I set
them both to centre in the cell both ways. Interestingly when I opened a new
document I could not recreate the problem you had. Anyway, you might try
resetting the alignment and hopefully will get all your text showing.

Hal