Default How do I change the display of a negative number to just read 0?

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 02:24:01 -0700,
wrote:

One way:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom Type: 0;\0;0

--ron
Peter Rooney

Hi!

Select the cells you want, to modicy and click on Format, Cells

Click on the Number tab and click "Custom"

In the field type the following

#,##0.00;"0"

And click OK

You can specify up to four components for a number format:

How the contents are displayed if they're positive
How the contents are displayed if they're negative
How the contents are displayed if they equate to zero
How the contents are displayed if they're text

Each parameter is seperated by a semicolon.

In my example, I just specify the positive and negative formats
Positive is comma seperation for millions, thousands etc with 2 dec places
Negative is a label "0"

Hope this helps

Pete

What the number looks like if it's negative