Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting a negative number to a positive number

Hello,
I am working in Excel 2003. The first page of my workbook is a cover sheet
and contains the heading and total of each subsequent page. The user copies
and pastes the information to the worksheet. I have a formula set up whereas
the credits and debits are added together and provide a seperate total on
each page. e.g. =SUM(C2:C9999) On the cover sheet I have a formula set up
that enters the total beside the respective heading. e.g. =('Received
Today'!G1) So far, all is well. However, one of my worksheets has a debit
total (negative number) but needs to be entered onto the cover sheet as a
credit total (positive number). Could someone please tell me if I am able to
do this? If so, how? Any help is greatly appreciated!