Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text not showing in merged cells

I have an Excel 2000 worksheet with a series of cells text wrapped and
merged. There is quite a bit of text in the cell and only about 1/2 of it is
shown on the page. I can view all of the text when I click on the merged
cells but not when I click elsewhere. I found Jim Rech's macro to adjust the
row height, tested it but still have the same problem. Any other suggestions?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Billy

You can enter 32,767 characters in a single cell but Excel will show/print only
about 1024 of these.

Merging 5 cells into one cell does change this fact.

All that does is make a larger single cell with the same limitation.

Stick a linefeed in about every 100 or so characters to increase the limit.

Alt + Enter will give a linefeed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP