Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup and hlookup

I have a pricing table that looks like the following

1 2 3
1 $0.190 $0.190 $0.250
2 $0.190 $0.170 $0.250
3 $0.250 $0.250 $0.250

The numbers 1,2,3 represent from and to calling destinations. I have
drop-down selections below to list the countries and convert to the
appropriate numbers. Then I want to create a formula using both vlookup and
hlookup to show the price. As example, if the call is from 2 and to 2, the
price displayed by this formula would be $0.170.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

if your table would be from A1 to D4
and if in e1 is the from number and in F1 the to number
and column A the From numbers in the table
something like
=vlookup(E1,A1:D4,match(F1,A1:D1,0))
should do what you want