Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Rename Columns

Hi I need to know how to rename a column from the default A,B,C etc to
specific names
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Your can't rename the columns, you can put the names you want in row 1 and
use that as your headings and hide the A, B ,C, tools, options, view,
uncheck row and column headings
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Column Headings in Excel"
wrote in message ...
Hi I need to know how to rename a column from the default A,B,C etc to
specific names

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It's only been 31 minutes since your first post.

Have a little patience.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:55:02 -0700, Column Headings in Excel
wrote:

Hi I need to know how to rename a column from the default A,B,C etc to
specific names

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Why then did I know you had posted twice within 31 minutes?

Gord

wrote:

Hi I need to know how to rename a column from the default A,B,C etc to
specific names

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Lady, You must be psychic!

The legend of the Sword of Damocles gets mentioned in Half-Wits Holiday (1947),
when a pie gets thrown up and stuck to the ceiling during a party. One of the
guests (Stooge female stalwart Symona Boniface) starts talking with Moe Howard,
who is getting increasingly nervous as the pie starts coming loose. Finally the
guest asks, "Young man, what's wrong? You act as if the Sword of Damocles was
hanging over your head", to which Moe replies, "Lady, you must be psychic!" and
walks away. She comments, "I wonder what's wrong with that young man?" as she
looks up, and gets the pie right in the face.

wrote:

Hi I need to know how to rename a column from the default A,B,C etc to
specific names

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

--

Dave Peterson