Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Metallo

Default Macro and hidden sheets

Hi,

I have a WB with 10 worksheets.
At the time I did this WB, I also created a Macro that had the task to
change the format of all the sheets.
Today, I have decided to hide some of the sheets and the macro does no
longer work.
I guess this is because it cannot find the sheets which are hidden.

My question is: Is there a way to allow the Macro to work as before, meaning
to continue changing the format of the hidden sheets as well?
Something like a condition that says, if Sheet XY is hidden then look for it
into etc.

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Alex,

A hidden sheet cannot be selected, so try re-writing your code to remove
selections.

If this does nor resolve your problem, post your code.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Metallo" wrote in message

I have a WB with 10 worksheets.
At the time I did this WB, I also created a Macro that had the task to
change the format of all the sheets.
Today, I have decided to hide some of the sheets and the macro does no
longer work.
I guess this is because it cannot find the sheets which are hidden.

My question is: Is there a way to allow the Macro to work as before,
meaning
to continue changing the format of the hidden sheets as well?
Something like a condition that says, if Sheet XY is hidden then look for
it
into etc.

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Metallo

Norman,

I am aware that it cannot be selected, but my question was another, that is,
is there a workaround to make the hidden sheets selectable even if they are
hidden?

For instance, the formulas work fine, the values generated as a result of a
calculation turn out in the hidden sheets as if the they were unhidden,
therefore I was wondering: If the formulas work on hidden sheets, why cannot
the macros?

Hope this is clearer.

Thank you!
Alex

"Metallo" wrote in message

I have a WB with 10 worksheets.
At the time I did this WB, I also created a Macro that had the task to
change the format of all the sheets.
Today, I have decided to hide some of the sheets and the macro does no
longer work.
I guess this is because it cannot find the sheets which are hidden.

My question is: Is there a way to allow the Macro to work as before,
meaning
to continue changing the format of the hidden sheets as well?
Something like a condition that says, if Sheet XY is hidden then look for
it
into etc.

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

You can reach your end goal by altering your Macro to first check each sheet
to see if it is Hidden, and if so then unhide it perform your reformatting
and then rehide it and go on to the next.......if the sheet is not hidden,

then just perform the reformatting and go on.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Metallo" wrote:

Hi,

I have a WB with 10 worksheets.
At the time I did this WB, I also created a Macro that had the task to
change the format of all the sheets.
Today, I have decided to hide some of the sheets and the macro does no
longer work.
I guess this is because it cannot find the sheets which are hidden.

My question is: Is there a way to allow the Macro to work as before, meaning
to continue changing the format of the hidden sheets as well?
Something like a condition that says, if Sheet XY is hidden then look for it
into etc.

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Alex.

Post the problematic code.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Metallo" wrote in message

I have a WB with 10 worksheets.
At the time I did this WB, I also created a Macro that had the task to
change the format of all the sheets.
Today, I have decided to hide some of the sheets and the macro does no
longer work.
I guess this is because it cannot find the sheets which are hidden.

My question is: Is there a way to allow the Macro to work as before,
meaning
to continue changing the format of the hidden sheets as well?
Something like a condition that says, if Sheet XY is hidden then look
for
it
into etc.

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Metallo

Chuck,

Easy to say, but I have no clou on how to instruct the macro to check if the
sheet is hidden or not.
Can you give me a sample so that I understand how it works and then I can
apply it to my macro?

Thanks man

Vai con Dio, indeed!
Alex

"Metallo" wrote:

Hi,

I have a WB with 10 worksheets.
At the time I did this WB, I also created a Macro that had the task to
change the format of all the sheets.
Today, I have decided to hide some of the sheets and the macro does no
longer work.
I guess this is because it cannot find the sheets which are hidden.

My question is: Is there a way to allow the Macro to work as before, meaning
to continue changing the format of the hidden sheets as well?
Something like a condition that says, if Sheet XY is hidden then look for it
into etc.

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Sorry I took so long to get back....I was at work before and got busy, and
am home now....
This is crude, but does perform the desired task.....enough to give you the
idea, anyway.

Sub CheckIfHidden()
Sheets("sheet1").Select
'Do Your code here to sheet1 which was not hidden
If Sheets("sheet2").Visible = False Then
Sheets("sheet2").Visible = True
Sheets("sheet2").Select
'Do your code here to sheet2 if it was hidden
Sheets("sheet2").Visible = False
Else
Sheets("sheet2").Select
'Do your code here to sheet2 if it was not hidden

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Metallo" wrote:

Hi,

I have a WB with 10 worksheets.
At the time I did this WB, I also created a Macro that had the task

change the format of all the sheets.
Today, I have decided to hide some of the sheets and the macro does no
longer work.
I guess this is because it cannot find the sheets which are hidden.

My question is: Is there a way to allow the Macro to work as before,

meaning
to continue changing the format of the hidden sheets as well?
Something like a condition that says, if Sheet XY is hidden then look

for it
into etc.

Thank you
Alex