Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default remove dates is the middle of a line

have a file full of lines like this Reg. Cab Long Bed 03-07 "Classic"

is there a way to remove the 03-07 from the middle of a line?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If dates are all of the format of your example (yy-yy) then try:

=LEFT(A1,FIND("-",A1)-3) & MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+3,255)

HTH

"jason2444" wrote:

have a file full of lines like this Reg. Cab Long Bed 03-07 "Classic"

is there a way to remove the 03-07 from the middle of a line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=REPLACE(A1,FIND("-",A1)-3,6,"")