Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do linked worksheets exist with data on an external device

I have a destination worksheet that is linked and updated from a source
workbook (my original). I did this with copy range paste special paste
link. this works fine if only on one computer. As I understand that this
allows only the data on the destination file to exist through the link to the
source file.

If I want the destination file to copy and export to a handheld device I
lose the data due to the link. I cannot open it in the device when it is a
linked document. I can when it is a manual copy of the source or destination
file without links. But this does not update and adjustments unless manually
copied at the end of each session.

How do I automat the adjustments on the source file to the destination file
without links. So I can copy and move to the device?

I basically have 3 files. 1x Master Source wKbook, linked or copied to a
`lite' single wksheet destination file, which I want to update any
adjustments I make in the source Wkbook file. Then I am happy to manually
copy and paste the destination wksheet to a handheld device.

I can open a direct copy of the source or destination file on the device so
I know eXl is supported. But the linked destination file does not open.

The handheld device does not need to sync back to the source.It is a
reference only.

Thankyou for your help.