Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Adding Data to a Non-Contiguous Range in Excel 2007

I have a chart based upon a non-contiguous range. When I click on the chart
and "Select Data", and then click on the Edit button, I get the expected
dialog box with Selected Values. However, I can't manually edit the values
displayed, even after pressing F2. I click on the icon to take me to the
spreadsheet, and it displays the non-contiguous values in dashed boxes. I
hold down Ctrl and click the next box, and it de-selects everything. Then I
try to add them all again, and it won't let me add the last range. Is there
a limit in 2007 for how many non-contiguous values can be entered? Or am I
missing something simple (I hope).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Instead of clicking the Edit button, why not click the Chart data range box
and edit in there? I have to say I not very happy with the way this area has
been implimented by Microsoft, it is far harder than in 2003.

I don't know that this will work, but when you are in the Edit Series dialog
box, remore the entry that is currently there completely and then start again
highlighting with the Ctrl key. It seems that Excel assumes you want to add
(+) a range when you start to highlight again, even if you have already
select the range in the box.

If any of this helps, please click the Yes button.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire