Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I create email list from individual emails in Excel cells?

I have over 1000 email addresses entered into individual Excel cells so I can
sort them. How do I create 1 email distribution list from all of these
cells? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
from a Dave Peterson reply 1/25/08
If you have MSWord, you can use excel to hold the data and MSWord to print the
labels.

You may find that using excel for your data and MSWord for your invoice looks
prettier.

You may want to read some tips for mailmerge.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge

The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave
Rado.

And just in case you have text that needs to be formatted (percentages, for
example):

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions he

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

==========
I often cheat instead of racking my brain.

I'll insert another column (probably hidden!) and use:
=text(a2,"00000")
(or whatever format I want)
and use that field in the mailmerge.

(Cheating doesn't bother me anymore )

regards
FSt1

"Matt W" wrote:

I have over 1000 email addresses entered into individual Excel cells so I can
sort them. How do I create 1 email distribution list from all of these
cells? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you dont say how you want to use the addresses,but frm experience i would
just copy and paste from excel into your to cc or bcc as required
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!