Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drop Down/List w/Code and Definition, only code entered when selec

What do I create if I want to display a list of codes and definitions, but
only want the code to be entered in the cell when selected?
Displayed:
MX Mexico
US United States

When selected, only MX or US should be entered in the cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One play to achieve it here would be
to use a combo box from the control toolbox toolbar

Try this sample from my archives which illustrates:
http://savefile.com/files/221672
Combo box from control toolbox toolbar_Example2.xls
--
Max
Singapore
"Spiritdancer" wrote:
What do I create if I want to display a list of codes and definitions, but
only want the code to be entered in the cell when selected?
Displayed:
MX Mexico
US United States

When selected, only MX or US should be entered in the cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can do this with data validation and programming. There's a sample
file he

Under Data Validation, look for DV0005 - Data Validation "Columns"

Spiritdancer wrote:
What do I create if I want to display a list of codes and definitions, but
only want the code to be entered in the cell when selected?
Displayed:
MX Mexico
US United States

When selected, only MX or US should be entered in the cell

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures