Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Running Excel 2000 VBA Application on Excel 2003

I have a VBA application written in Excel 2000.

Running the appl on Excel 2003 generated errors,
and the appl would not run on the Excel 2003 PC.

(I can't remember exactly what the errors read,
but Excel 2003 didn't recognize some components
or code. And the code would not compile.)

The appl contains about 10 forms, custom menus,
macros, & custom functions. The forms have
standard, native controls that include simple text
boxes, command buttons, spin buttons, combo
boxes, & labels. All controls are on forms -- no
controls are imbedded in worksheets.

I can run an earlier version of the same Excel 2000
VBA appl on the same Excel 2003 PC with no
problems. But this earlier version has no forms and
no custom menus, just macros & custom functions.

I suspect the forms are causing the errors, and
the problem is the Excel 2003 object libraries are
different from the Excel 2000 object libraries. And,
I'll need to set references in Excel 2003 to the
Excel 2000 object libraries.

These are the libraries I suspect that I have to set
references for:
- Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library (MSO9.DLL)
- Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library (Excel9.OLB)

(If they are even listed in Excel 2003. I didn't look,
and the PC is at a different location. I'll be trying
to get the appl working on Wed, Aug 9. But, I'll be
at that other location tonight, Tue, Aug 8th, & will
have some brief time on that Excel 2003 PC.)

Am I barking up the right tree,
or just howling at the moon?

Any confirmation, hints, traps, or other possibilities
would be appreciated.

Also, these are the object libraries that are referenced
in Excel 2000 where the appl was developed:
- Visual Basic For Applications (VBE6.DLL)
- Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library (Excel9.OLB)
- OLE Automation (stdole2.tlb)
- Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library (FM20.DLL)
- Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library (MSO9.DLL)