Valerie

Default AutoSave: How can I get it to save every 5 minutes & NO prompt?

Have read several good answers regarding AutoSave but can't get mine to make
any changes. Using WinXP PRO - O.S. and brought the AutoSave in from W/2000
Excel/ Works good / BUT it's set for 10 Minutes and "Prompt for Save". Want
to change it to save every 5 minuters and NO PROMPT to SAVE, Just
automatically save it.
Anyone know the secret to getting a permanent change done as I've tried just
about everything-Gone to Tools, Options, Save / Edit, Etc., and done other
things - BUT - No Results as to making the change permanent from 10 Minutes
and to Prompt TO 5 Minutes and NO PROMPT. I've changed it just about every
time I open Excel to 5 Minutes and NO PROMPT BUT it always comes back to the
10 Minutes and PROMPT.
All help appreciated.
Thanks /Valerie /
Gord Dibben

Valerie

Office 2000 Autosave had a bug which was corrected in a Service Release.

Try the advice below from Dave Peterson............

Dave Peterson Jul 21 2004, 6:49 pm

Maybe...

XL2000: AutoSave Settings Are Not Retained Between
Sessions of Excel 2000

As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
called AutoSafe (note spelling).

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts
them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups from the
recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP