Siraj

Default Why Excel file doesn't open by double click.

Excel files that are stored in my HD doesn't open by double click. It just
open Excel program but do not open the file. Pls note, I can open any excel
file from File Menu, then Opne. But can't opne it by double click. Using
Windows XP with Office XP / Excell 2002. Pls suggest me what to do. Thanks.
Ron de Bruin

Hi Siraj

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1 ) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl