Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Office 365 Excel for MAC Number Format

When i type a number into a new workbook like 5, it shows up as .05. How do I change it so that anytime I start a new workbook, that when I type 5, 5 will show up and not .05?
I have not created a template. That is the workbook that comes up when I say new workbook.
There used to be - File-Options-Advanced-Automatically insert a decimal point - uncheck the box but I can not find it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpb dpb is offline

On 8/23/2018 5:40 PM, GP wrote:
When i type a number into a new workbook like 5, it shows up as .05. How do I change it so that anytime I start a new workbook, that when I type 5, 5 will show up and not .05?
I have not created a template. That is the workbook that comes up when I say new workbook.
There used to be - File-Options-Advanced-Automatically insert a decimal point - uncheck the box but I can not find it.

..05 would be 5%...the cell number format must be set.