Tori

Default change date function format in footer

I would like to change the automatic date function in my footer to ie.
January 25, 2005 instead of 01/25/05??
Gord Dibben

Tori

Excel uses the settings from Short Date in Regional and Language Options as
the basis for the footer date format.

You can change it slightly in the Regional Options, but can't set it to
January 25, 2005

A macro will suffice if you want to go that route.

Sub DateInFooter()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = Format(Now, "mmmm dd, yyyy")
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP