Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File:1 and File:2 -- Double Files when Opening One File

I open a file called file.xls and it auto opens two versions calling one
File:1 and File:2. I don't understand what option has been selected or why
Excel does this? Please explain.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You actually have two windows open to the same workbook.

Select the one you don't want anymore and hit ctrl-w

Then save the workbook--or you'll be doing it again.

This can be a useful feature if you want to see different parts of the workbook
at the same time.

Window|New window
(to create that second window)

then
Window|Arrange|Horizontal (or the way you like it)

--

Dave Peterson