Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Speed2772

Default Can I format a cell to include quotes " "

Hi all, I am trying to create a global exclusion list and then import it to a
registry file. I have no problems importing this in excel so that I can edit
it but then I need to do the following

1) format the data so that the final data looks like this
"winnt.exe"=dword:00000000

now in column a I have the winnt.exe and I have no problems using
concatenate to add the =dword:00000000

But what I cannot get to happen is adding the quotes before the winnt.exe
and the quotes after the winnt.exe

I must use double quotes any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

One way

=char(34)&"winnt.exe" & char(34)

"Speed2772" wrote:

Hi all, I am trying to create a global exclusion list and then import it to a
registry file. I have no problems importing this in excel so that I can edit
it but then I need to do the following

1) format the data so that the final data looks like this
"winnt.exe"=dword:00000000

now in column a I have the winnt.exe and I have no problems using
concatenate to add the =dword:00000000

But what I cannot get to happen is adding the quotes before the winnt.exe
and the quotes after the winnt.exe

I must use double quotes any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Another way