Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
kg kg is offline

Default How to use count for calls per hour

I am trying to create a pivot table and chart that will show me the # of
calls per hour by day for a range of dates Aug 1 - Sept 19. My data looks
like this where each line is the date and time of the call:

How do I get a count of the # of the calls per hour by day?

8/1/08 12:48 AM
8/1/08 1:53 AM
8/1/08 2:36 AM
8/1/08 3:24 AM
8/1/08 3:37 AM
8/1/08 4:04 AM
8/1/08 4:44 AM
8/1/08 4:55 AM
8/1/08 4:58 AM
8/1/08 7:02 AM
8/1/08 7:28 AM
8/1/08 7:43 AM
8/1/08 7:47 AM
8/1/08 7:56 AM
8/1/08 7:58 AM
8/1/08 8:13 AM
8/1/08 8:33 AM
8/1/08 9:07 AM
8/1/08 10:28 AM
8/1/08 10:38 AM
8/1/08 10:44 AM
8/1/08 11:10 AM

--
kg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Assuming you are in Excel 2003 or earlier and that the date is in one column
and the time in the second column.
1. Create a pivot table with the Date field in the row area and the Time
field in the row area and the data area.
2. The Date field should be the outer row field (to the left of the Time
field)
3 Click in the Time field of the row area and choose PivotTable, Group and
Show Details, Group. In the Grouping dialog box select Hours and delselect
anything else.

--
Cheers.,
Shane Devenshire