Lynxbci3

Default Overlaying bars so that lesser value is on top

Hello,

I have a chart with the following data : -

2004 2005
Jan 3 4
Feb 2 2
Mar 5 1
Apr 4 2
May 2 3
Jun 2 4
Jul 5 3
Aug 3 2
Sep 4 5
Oct 4 4
Nov 3 3
Dec 1 2

I would like to show a horizontal bar chart, but with only one bar for
each month,
what i would like is to see the lower value on top of the higher value.
is this possible?

--
Lynxbci3
Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10377

bj

If I understand correctly you dont want to use a stacke bar but to just be
able to see both values on one level
what do you want to do when the values are equal.
if you will accept a third color whent hey are equal
if your data was in columns A,B and C
set up 5 new columns
in D
=if(C1B1,C1,0)
in E
=if(B1C1,B1,0)
in F
=if(C1<B1,C1,0)
in G
=if(B1<C1,B1,0)
in H
=if(B1=C1,B1,0)

Select Columns A,D,E,F,G and H and plot
select the data series for Column F and G and change the axis to secondary
and change the color to match that of Column D and E respectively

"Lynxbci3" wrote:

[...]

Lynxbci3

Thanks very much, sorted it very nicely