Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I can't format cells

If I right click a cell, or a group of selected cells, and click 'Format
Cells', nothing happens. The border button doesn't work either. This only
happens in certain parts of one spreadsheet.

What do you think it could be, and how can I correct it?

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC View Post
If I right click a cell, or a group of selected cells, and click 'Format
Cells', nothing happens. The border button doesn't work either. This only
happens in certain parts of one spreadsheet.

What do you think it could be, and how can I correct it?

select entire column and right click and format the cells, it would work

Try selecting the entire row or column by pressing the row/column button(s) on the side(s).

ie - hit the "A" button if you want to format the things in column "A", etc. Then right click format.

all the best
Thanks
Bala