Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I put numbers in order into each cell of a worksheet?

I need to place numbers in order into each cell. I am making a schedule where
I will write info into each cell, but each cell has to have it's own number?
001, 002, 003, etc. I have excel 2003.

Also, how do I put the day/date for each sheet on the top of each sheet? One
sheet is for one day, but I need for each sheet to have the correct day/date
on it, and I want to be able to print a month at a time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"KennyD" wrote:

I need to place numbers in order into each cell. I am making a schedule where
I will write info into each cell, but each cell has to have it's own number?
001, 002, 003, etc. I have excel 2003.

in the first cell type the #1 then if you highlight the
cell so it's got the black border around it put your arrow to the bottom
right hand corner and your arrow will turn into a t click and hold and drag
down til you get to 30 or 31 days.

Also, how do I put the day/date for each sheet on the top of each sheet? One
sheet is for one day, but I need for each sheet to have the correct day/date
on it, and I want to be able to print a month at a time.

If you click on cell A1 click insert, select
header/footer then insert date and time you have to do this on each page then
you go back into the header and change the days. That's the only way i know
how to enter the date unless you type it into a cell and don't do the
Header/Footer.
Hope this helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kenny

See comments in-line................

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:24:04 -0700, KennyD
wrote:

I need to place numbers in order into each cell. I am making a schedule where
I will write info into each cell, but each cell has to have it's own number?

A cell can contain data or a formula. You want each cell to also be numbered
like 001, 002, 003 etc.?

In A1 enter 1...........right-click and drag down then release and "Fill Series"

Format these cells as Custom 000

But where will you be entering your schedule info?

001, 002, 003, etc. I have excel 2003.

Also, how do I put the day/date for each sheet on the top of each sheet? One

Where at the top of the sheet? In a cell?

sheet is for one day, but I need for each sheet to have the correct day/date
on it,

How does Excel decide which is the correct day/date?

and I want to be able to print a month at a time.

You want to print all the sheets for each month?

I am not sure what you want here. Could you provide more detail or wait for one
of the psychics to drop in with some suggestions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP