LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctinos,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions
external usenet poster

Default formula a value in a formula

The formula below will produce a value that is greater than 6 in my
spreadsheet. However, I want to add another condition to this formula to
minus .5 ofF the value anytime the formula produce a value greater than 6.
Is this possible?

=IF((OR(TIME!I11="",TIME!G11="")),0,IF((TIME!I11<T IME!G11),((TIME!I11-TIME!G11)*24)+24,(TIME!I11-TIME!G11)*24))

#2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctinos,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions
external usenet poster

Default formula a value in a formula

Yes. Let X be your formula w/o the 1st =.
Then =IF(X6, X-0.5,X) will do what you want.

Hth,
Merjet