Tadashii

Default Find a link to an external file

Hello,

I'm working on a excel file constructed bij a person that doesn't work
here any more. The problem with this excelfile is that there is a link
to an external file wich excel can't find.

I already tried to search for the filename he asks for in the equations
and cels. But it doesnt result in any hits.

How can I find this link so I can remove/change this cel.

Does anyone has an idea?

Tadashii.

--
Tadashii
Tadashii's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23918

KL

Try the FindLink.xla by Bill Manville: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/MVPPage.asp

Regards,
KL

"Tadashii" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

I'm working on a excel file constructed bij a person that doesn't work
here any more. The problem with this excelfile is that there is a link
to an external file wich excel can't find.

I already tried to search for the filename he asks for in the equations
and cels. But it doesnt result in any hits.

How can I find this link so I can remove/change this cel.

Does anyone has an idea?

Tadashii.

--
Tadashii
Tadashii's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375547

Jack Sheet

There are a large number of places where an external link could reside.
Easiest way to find it is to download and install Bill Manville's
FindLink.zip add-in, to be found at
http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm
HTH