Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Can I import Word docs into Excel cells?

I'm using Excel to do my taxes and would love to be able to import scanned
receipts and Word documents with notes into my tax spreadsheet -- a la the
"insert a note" function -- to keep the entire year's tax data all in one
spreadsheet. I'm figuring this cannot be done but maybe one of you wizards
knows differently. Would very much appreciate your guidance.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

To use the numbers for calculations in Excel the OCR application that came with
your scanner will have to be very good when you scan the receipts etc. in Text
only format.

Once into Excel, the numbers will probably show up as text.

Format all to General, copy an empty cell.

Select the numbers and Paste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:03:04 -0700, Curious
wrote:

I'm using Excel to do my taxes and would love to be able to import scanned
receipts and Word documents with notes into my tax spreadsheet -- a la the
"insert a note" function -- to keep the entire year's tax data all in one
spreadsheet. I'm figuring this cannot be done but maybe one of you wizards
knows differently. Would very much appreciate your guidance.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

There is a great little utility out there called SnagIt. If you scan your
receipts into a PDF then you can cut them out and paste them into your excel
sheets and they will arrange nicely like little taped on notes. Snagit makes
it easy to manage screen shots.

Another option is to screen print to paint and cut them into your excel
sheets that way. Paint uses the clipboard, so if you cut them from paint you
can Ctrl +V into Excel or Word or where ever...its the low tech way to SnagIt.