lianeanddave

Default sort rows in alphabetical order and move the corresponding data

i have 100 rows and i have i have 8 columns 1 with newspaper name 6 with
dates that we are missing the voucher copy for and 1 with supplier name i
need to put the supplier name into alphabetical order but i need it to move
the newspaper name and date columns as well so that they all will be correct
if anyone can help asap i would be most grateful many thanks
Paul Sheppard

lianeanddave Wrote:
i have 100 rows and i have i have 8 columns 1 with newspaper name 6
with
dates that we are missing the voucher copy for and 1 with supplier name
need to put the supplier name into alphabetical order but i need it to
move
the newspaper name and date columns as well so that they all will be
correct
if anyone can help asap i would be most grateful many thanks

Hi lianeanddave

Highlight all the data columns A - H(assuming data to be in columns A -
H) , the Data Sort In the sort by select Column H or if the columns
have headers the name associated with column H, check the Ascending box
and click OK

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399485

Ken Hudson

If your data is in columns A through H, highlight cell A1.
Go to Data Sort...
All cells with data should be highlighted.
In the "Sort by" drop down box select column H and the data should sort on
the eighth column with the rest of the data following it.
Does that answer your question?

--
Ken Hudson

"lianeanddave" wrote:

i have 100 rows and i have i have 8 columns 1 with newspaper name 6 with
dates that we are missing the voucher copy for and 1 with supplier name i
need to put the supplier name into alphabetical order but i need it to move
the newspaper name and date columns as well so that they all will be correct
if anyone can help asap i would be most grateful many thanks

Scott

First, highlight the entire section of the spreadsheet that contains your
list. Then, click on the "Data" drop down box and you will see an option
called "Sort". Click on that and a box will pop up that will give you
options as to which column to sort by. Choose the Supplier Name column to
sort by and click on the "Ok" button and your list will be sorted
alphabetically by supplier name.

--
Scott