Addi

Default Excel Documents Don't Appear in My Recent Documents

I use Office XP. Word, Publisher, and Power Point documents all appear in
'My Recent Documents' on the Start menu ... but Excel documents never do.
The default setting for saving my Excel documents is Documents and
Settings/My User Name/My Documents. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how I
can correct it? Thank you.
Bill Kuunders

Go to <tools<options<general
and have a look at setting for "recently used files list"

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Addi" wrote in message
I use Office XP. Word, Publisher, and Power Point documents all appear in
'My Recent Documents' on the Start menu ... but Excel documents never do.
The default setting for saving my Excel documents is Documents and
Settings/My User Name/My Documents. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how
can correct it? Thank you.

Bill Kuunders

My apologies
Didn't read your question properly.
Jumped to a conclusion.
It does work ok on my system. Never use it but they are there.
Bill K

"Addi" wrote in message
It shows '4' ... any other ideas?

Hello from Chicago!

"Addi" wrote in message
I use Office XP. Word, Publisher, and Power Point documents all appear
in
'My Recent Documents' on the Start menu ... but Excel documents never
do.
The default setting for saving my Excel documents is Documents and
Settings/My User Name/My Documents. Any ideas as to what is wrong and
how
can correct it? Thank you.

Bill Kuunders

Addi

You may want to ask this question in a microsoft windows news group.
Regards
Bill K
"Addi" wrote in message
It shows '4' ... any other ideas?